Join us on Saturday, November 4, 2017 for our inaugural Kellogg Cares event when we will prepare and serve lunch to the women of Sarah’s Circle.
Sarah’s Circle, located at 4838 N. Sheridan Road, Chicago, IL is a non-profit organization with a mission of serving women who are homeless or in need of a safe space. They have a Daytime Support Center open to any woman in need, a 50-bed shelter program for women who are currently homeless and permanent supportive housing for women who have disabling conditions and have been chronically homeless.
The program’s three main goals are to
• Welcome all women with safety, respect and community
• Support women’s growth in all aspects of wellness: physical, emotional, life skills, economic and realizing their unique potential
• Help each woman find her home
As a women’s organization, we have a wonderful and unique opportunity to help another organization dedicated to helping women. We will be preparing and serving a full meal for 50 women and we need your help.
There are several options to volunteer
• Prepare a main dish, salad/veggie, bread or dessert and deliver to Carol Olson (address to be provided after contact noted below)
• Serve the meal, clean up and meet the women from 11:30 am to 1:30 pm (limited number of openings available)
• Make a $10 donation to help cover the cost of food items. Donations can be made via PayPal
Please contact Carol Olsen at email@example.com by October 30, 2017 for more information. Please include in your email your preference for volunteering, e.g., prepare a dish, serve and clean up, etc. Any money donated beyond the cost of food will be either donated directly or used to purchase items on Sarah’s Circle needs list.
Thank you! We look forward to making this inaugural event a success!